Welcome to Covenant's Children's Ministry page. Below is information on our values, upcoming events, Sunday School, Children's Church, Wednesday Night EKG program and more. We invite you to scroll down to learn more about us and explore our weekly offerings. Most importantly, we invite you and your family to visit our church.
Covenant Children's Ministry Values
child is a beloved child of God and every
family is welcome to our church.
provides a safe and secure place for every child and family to worship God and
grow in their faith. (All
Christian Education/Children’s Ministry programs and events are staffed by
Covenant employees and volunteers who have passed background checks.)
Christian Education/Children’s Ministry is a vital part of the Covenant
community and the church's mission statement--working hand-in-hand with other ministries of the church and across generations--to follow Christ's example to love and to serve.
Ministry provides age-appropriate, engaging, and uplifting Christian programming to
children through Sunday School, Children’s Church, Wednesday night activities,
and other special events. Our ultimate goal, through all of our programming, is to teach children to Fully Rely on God (FROG).
and guardians play essential roles and are
invited to participate, volunteer, or observe ALL of our programs and events at any time. Our goal is to connect with, support, and encourage parents in their God-given role as the spiritual leaders of their children.
6) The Christian Education/Children's Ministry program seeks to glorify God by teaching children to love God and to accept His love, grace and forgiveness. Our goal is to equip children with an expanding knowledge of the Christian faith and provide age-appropriate avenues to learn the Bible stories.
- 2015 Events
- Children's Collaborative Quilt Art Mural, January - February
- Red Hand "Protect the Children" Project & Valentines' Party, Wednesday, February 11
- Celebration of Women Sunday - February 15
- Lent (Begins Ash Wednesday - February 18)
- Spring Break Movie Night
- Palm Sunday Children's Processional - March 29 (8:30 & 11:00 AM services)
- Westminster Woods Camp Registrations Due - April 1
- Easter - April 5 (Egg Hunt & Rise Up Easter Event 10:00-10:45 AM)
- Friendship Sunday - May 3
- Mother's Day - May 10
- Miss Debi's Dangerously Delightful Birthday Party - Wed. May 13
- Final Wednesday Night - Splashdown Water Party - May 20
- Pentecost Sunday - May 24
- Westminster Woods Summer Camps
- 3rd/4th grade camp, June 1-5
- 5th/6th grade camp, June 8-12
- Wacky Science VBS - Monday, July 13 - Friday, July 17
- Frog Cove Children's
- Children's Church is
offered at both the 8:30 AM and 11:00 AM services. Occasionally, only one
service is offered at 10:00 AM which will also includes Children's
Church. Children are dismissed from the service following the "Time
with Children" message. Children's Church uses the Living the
Good News curriculum. Children hear an age-appropriate message and
participate in a learning activity related to the story.
- Children 3 years old -
5th grade are invited to participate in Children's Church. Younger
children are welcome in the nursery.
- Children are dismissed
by the Pastor from the worship service following the Children's Message.
The children are escorted by Miss Debi (Director of Christian Education)
to Room 8 for Children's Church. Parents may pick up their children from
Frog Cove in Room 8.
- Frog Cove introduces
children to age-appropriate Bible concepts that follow the liturgical
calendar of the church. Generally, children explore the same topic
presented during the sermon through a Bible story, art, music, and fun
- Children's Church is
over when the church service is finished. We ask that parents pick up
their children promptly following the service--so that the Children's
Church staff can have the opportunity to visit with new families and
answer questions about Covenant's Children's ministry, and/or prepare the
classroom for Sunday School.
- Children may attend either
the first or second children's church service each Sunday. Although the
worship services are slightly different (contemporary or traditional),
children's church is the same for both services. The nursery is available
for children who are present for both worship services. Also children are
welcome to join the family in the worship service.
- For safety reasons,
children attending Children's Church must be retrieved by a parent
or approved adult.
EKG, Equipping Kids 4 God, is our exciting Wednesday night program during the school year. The two-hour
program (5:45-7:45 PM) begins with Rainbow Worship Skills. Children dine
together at the Kidtricity Table in the Great Room Hallway The second hour concentrates on a Bible
story, craft and drama activities, mission projects, and group games.
- Rainbow Worship Skills - 5:45-6:15 PM
- Rainbow Bells - 4th- 8th grade (Perform once a month during worship service).
- Kidtricity Dining Time - 6:00-6:30 PM
- K- 5th grades participating in Rainbow Worship Skills dine
together at the Kidtricity table following Rainbow Worship Skills.
- Children K-5th grade will be escorted to the
Kidtricity table by a Covenant staff member or appointed volunteer from
their respective Rainbow Worship Skills classroom.
- Preschool children will dine with their parents in
Fellowship Hall or (if there is room) at the Kidtricity Table under
the parent's supervision.
- Clean-up activities and restroom breaks will begin at
6:30 PM so that children can begin EKG at 6:40 PM. Parents of children who arrive late for dinner, need a longer
time to eat, or require additional time to transition are asked to assist
and/or supervise their children.
- To ensure that EKG participating children are feed as quickly as possible, Miss Debi will
serve the K-5th grade children, family-style, from the small serving
window in the Great Room Hall. Due to limitations in time, space and food
quantities at this window, other family members, teens, and adults are
asked to use the large serving window to get their food, drinks, and
condiments. (Please note: the
amount of food and available condiments served at this window are based
on the number of children participating in Rainbow Worship Skills and/or EKG.)
- For safety reasons, no children are allowed in the gym
on Wednesday nights unless Miss Debi, Miss Katie, or Mr. Joe are
The schedule for the activities in Hour Two may vary from week to week
depending on events, crafts, or movies planned to supplement a particular
lesson or church season such as Lent/Easter. Children should arrive in Room 8
by 6:40 PM.
- Exploring L.I.F.E. - 6:40-7:00 PM
- 2nd-5th grades learn Scripture with a kick and
develop Christian values through Bible stories, explore Bible
Skills, memorize Bible verses, & tackle spiritual challenges.
- Preschool-2nd grades learn about Christian values
through a story, DVD, or drama.
- Nursery is available for children 3 years and younger
from 6:30-7:45 PM
Possible - 7:00-7:20 PM
- Kids 4 years old - 5th grade work on a whole host of
art, craft and mission projects throughout the year including outreach
projects for the families that use our food pantry.
Fun and Games - 7:20-7:45 PM
- Kids 3 years old - 5th grade play together in the
Great Room (gym) or engage in lively activities in their classrooms
- Parents should pick-up
their children by 7:50 PM on Wednesday nights.
- Mission and Service projects
- Several times a year Covenant children participate in large mission and service projects.
- Stuff-the-Snowman project - In November and December, the children collect toys with a goal of filling a snowman-shaped container. With the donated items, the children stuff Christmas stockings for the children of needy families. In 2012, the children were able to provide 75 stockings.
- Be A Blessing project takes place once or twice a year. The children make fleece blankets and collect items (travel-size hygiene products, snacks, first-aid care, etc.,) for Blessing Bags to be donated to the Women's Crisis Center and the Homeless Shelter.
- Legacy Project (Across Generations) includes making cards for shut-ins and nursing home residents. The children donate art work to put on nursing home resident's doors. Inter-generational activities take place at various times during the church year and allow all age groups to work together towards a goal.
- The annual Christmas play is presented the second Sunday during the Sunday School hour. Every child is invited to participate in the costumed musical production. Rehearsals begin in November during the Sunday School hour.
- E.K.G. (Equipping Kids 4 God) occasionally performs short skits, plays and songs following the Wednesday night dinners.
- Rainbow Bells (4th grade-Middle School) practices each Wednesday from 5:45-6:15 P.M. and performs during the 8:30 A.M. service once each month.
- Wacky Science VBS: God gifted us with science. July 13-July 17. Over 150 children, teens, and adults come together to experience God at a new level and enjoy an awesome adventure they will never forget. From Bible crafts, special music, dramatic presentations, and non-stop fun, VBS at Covenant is something no child should miss. Watch our website for more information on our 2015 VBS.
- Past Events
- Be a Blessing
service project - February, 2014. With the congregation's
help, the children will be assembling Blessing Bags stuffed with
colorful no-sew fleece blankets and scarves that the kids will make on
Wednesday nights. We collected: cozy socks, water bottles toiletries, small
Bibles, non-perishable food items, handwritten notes, and more! Our
Blessing Bags will be donated to the Homeless Shelter and the Women's
- All About Love Party
- Feb. 2014. The children celebrated Valentine's Party as they put together the
- Roll Away the Rock
Lenten activities begin March 9 leading up to our Rock 'n Roll Easter
Celebration on Easter Sunday. Lenten activities will take place on
Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings.
- Veggies in Space Movie Premier - Spring Break Veggie Tales Movie Night - March 19, 2014
- Palm Sunday with children's Palm Branch Processional during church.
- Rock 'n Roll Easter Sunday Celebration and Easter Egg Hunt - 9:45 AM, April 20, 2014.
- Splendiferous Popcorn & Movie night, Wednesday, May 7, 2014.
- Crazy Slinky night, Wednesday, May 12, 2014.
- Splashdown Party
- Wednesday, May 21,2014 - Outdoor water fun & games to celebrate the last night of our
Wednesday night EKG program from 6:30-7:45 PM. Grilled hotdogs and
hamburgers are served. EKG returns in September.
- Rally Day & "Sweet Pastry Fundraiser of Funnel Cakes & Beignets" for Children's Ministry, Sun. Sept. 8, 2013.
- All Church Retreat, Friday, Sept. 20-Sunday, Sept. 22, 2013 - Westminister Woods "What's your super Power?"
- Blessings of the Animals, October 20, 2013 - 4:00 PM
- Trunk or Treat, Wednesday, October 30, 6:00 PM (Dinner & Trunk or Treating), 2013
- Christmas Play Practice begins in November during Sunday School (9:45 -10:45 AM)
- Stuff-the-Snowman campaign begins Sunday, Nov. 10, 2013
- Christmas Play Dress Rehearsal, Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013 - 10:00-12:00 & pizza lunch
- Christmas Play, 9:45 AM, Sunday Dec. 8, 2013
- Children's Christmas Party with Special Visitor from North pole, Wed. Dec 18, 2013
- Baby Jesus Birthday Cake, During Sunday School (9:45-10:45 AM), Dec. 22, 2013
- Backwards Birthday Bonanza Blast-Attendance reward party, Sunday Feb. 2
- Covenant's 33rd Birthday Party, Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014.
- Sunday School attendance party of "Bananas Gone Bonkers" celebrated in January 2013.
- Covenant's Annual Birthday celebration is the first Sunday in February.
- Lent for Children began with a family worship service on Ash Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 6:45 P.M. with a participatory hour of prayer and devotion.
- The Easter Garden for Wednesday nights was a seven week Bible study that taught the children the symbols of Holy Week, Lent 2013.
- Walk with Jesus for Sunday mornings during Sunday School will helped the children get their hearts and hands around Jesus' journey to the cross and resurrection, Lent, 2013.
- Palm Sunday, 2013, celebrated a king is coming.
- Good News Easter Egg Hunt took place on Easter Sunday (March 31, 2013) during the Sunday School hour.
- Legacy (Across Generations) visit to a nursing home in Dec. 2012
- Honored Mothers on Mother's Day and Fathers on Father's Day
- Sunday School attendance party "Pickle Packin' Palooza" in May, 2013
- Jelly Bean Jubilee summer mission project collected colorful T-shirts and hats for Moore Oklahoma, Summer 2013
- Flip Flop Frenzy summer mission project collected Flip Flops and beach towels for Moore Oklahoma, Summer 2013
- Wacky Watermelon Sunday School attendance party for the end of summer, 2013
- Rockin' Block Party & Car Show with bouncy house on the first Friday of August, 2013
- Coming soon with new web page design. In the meantime, visit Covenant's Facebook page and Covenant's Children's Facebook page. See Facebook link at the top of the menu on the left.
- Coming soon with new web page design.
For more information, email Debi Ferris (Christian Education Director) at Frogcove@hotmail.com or 722-7613