- Frog Cove Children's Church
- Children's Church is offered at both the 8:30 A.M. and 11:00 A.M. services. Occasionally, only one service is offered at 10:00 A.M. which will also includes Children's Church. Children are dismissed from the service following the "Time with Children" message.
- Children 3 years old - 5th grade are invited to participate in Children's Church. Younger children are welcome in the nursery.
- Parents may pick-up their children from Frog Cove in Room 8.
- Frog Cove introduces children to age-appropriate Bible concepts that follow the liturgical calendar of the church. Generally, children explore the same topic presented during the sermon through a Bible story, art, music, and fun hands-on activities.
- Family Dinner (6:00-6:30 P.M.)
- Wednesday nights during the school year, a wonderful dinner is served from 6:00-6:30 P.M.
- Everyone is welcome. Just call the church office to reserve your spot.
- $5.00 per person. Family rates are available.
- L.E.A.P. Frog Bible Club (6:45-7:45 P.M.)
- Leapers (1st-5th Grade) meet downstairs in the Art Room where they Learn through Engaging & Active Participation with drama, art, games, music and crafts.
- Puddle Jumpers (Preschool-Kindergarten) meet in Room 8 where they participate in an interactive Bible lesson and craft followed by play time.
- Mission and Service projects
- Several times a year Covenant children participate in large mission and service projects.
- Stuff-the-Snowman project - In November and December, the children collect toys with a goal of filling a snowman-shaped container. With the donated items, the children stuff Christmas stockings for the children of needy families. In 2012, the children were able to provide 75 stockings.
- Soles4Souls project takes place in February. The children collect new and gently-used shoes to send to crisis relief centers in the U.S. and Haiti.
- Legacy Project (Across Generations) includes visits to nursing homes and inter-generational activities. When visiting nursing homes, the children take art work to put on residents doors. Inter-generational activities take place at various times during the church year and allow all age groups to work together towards a goal.
- The annual Christmas pageant presents the Biblical Christmas story. Every child is invited to participate in the costumed musical production. Rehearsals begin in November during the Sunday School hour.
- L.E.A.P. Frogs Bible Club occasionally performs short skits, plays and songs following the Wednesday night dinners.
- Rainbow Bells (4th grade-Middle School) practices each Wednesday from 5:45-6:15 P.M. and performs during the 8:30 A.M. service the fourth Sunday of each month.
- Rainbow Choir (4 years old-3rd Grade) practices Wednesday from 5:45-6:15 P.M. and performs during the 8:30 A.M. service the first Sunday of each month.
- Each July, for one week, over 100 children come together to visit an exciting Bible land and enjoy an awesome adventure they will never forget. From Bible crafts, special music, dramatic presentations, and non-stop fun, VBS at Covenant is something no child should miss. Watch our website for more information on our 2013 VBS.
- UPCOMING EVENTS
- Sunday School attendance party "Bananas Gone Bonkers" on Jan. 27.
- Covenant's 32nd Birthday celebration is the first Sunday in February.
- Lent for Children begins with a family worship service on Ash Wednesday, February 13, at 6:45 P.M. with a participatory hour of prayer and devotion.
- The Easter Garden for Wednesday nights is a seven week Bible study that will teach the children the symbols of Holy Week.
- Walk with Jesus for Sunday mornings during Sunday School will help the children get their hearts and hands around Jesus' journey to the cross and resurrection.
- Palm Sunday celebrates a king is coming on March 24.
- Good News Easter Egg Hunt takes place on Easter Sunday (March 31) during the Sunday School hour.
- Legacy (Across Generations) visit to a nursing home in April.
- Honoring Mothers on Mother's Day and Fathers on Father's Day
- Sunday School attendance party "Pickle Packin' Palooza" in May.
For more information, email Debi Ferris (Christian Education Director) at Frogcove@hotmail.com